When looking for a drinks cabinet for wine and spirits, I couldn’t find anything which took my fancy. Some things came close, but not quite close enough. As such, I decided to make the cabinet from scratch.
The wine fridge is a Candy CWC021M/N Wine Cooler, in Black. It’s a decent little fridge which is incredibly quiet. The cabinet has a hole in it to allow ventilation at the back. I mounted a 120mm fan with a temperature sensor on this hole but the fridge runs pretty cool so the fan is never on.
You can download the .skp file to import into SketchUp here: https://phil.lavin.me.uk/downloads/Drinks-Cabinet-Detailed.skp
The cabinet is made from the following materials:
- Frame: 40mm x 40mm planed square edge timber
- Panels: 18mm MDF
- Door: 18mm MDF with 9mm MDF trim
- Back: 3.2mm Hardboard
- Shelf inside cupboard: 18mm MDF
- Wine Rack: 18mm spruce timberboard
- Shelves and tops: 40mm white oak worktop
- Wine Glass Holders: 35mm x 20mm planed square edge white oak
- Paint: Johnstones Water Based Satin (mixed to Farrow and Ball “Pitch Blue” colour)
- Top Oil: Base coat of Osmo Wood Protector (Clear), Top coats of Osmo Top Oil (Clear, Satin)